Skip to content
- Remove your jewelry before you swim or shower - jewelry is best preserved when it is kept dry.
- Remove your jewelry before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot.
- Wait to put on your jewelry until after you have applied lotion, makeup or perfume.
- Remove jewelry if you will be bringing it into contact with something hard. (For example if you are lifting weights or gardening).
- Store your jewelry in a closed box or baggie to prevent tarnish from oxidization and moisture.
- To restore the luster and shine of your jewelry, use a jewelry cloth or soft cotton cloth to gently buff the piece.
- To clean sterling silver jewelry that has tarnished, use a gentle silver cleaning solution and rub gently with a jewelry cloth. If the piece has been oxidized, this means it has been purposely darkened in parts to bring out the detail - be extra gentle or even avoid cleaning these parts as it can remove the oxidization.